This quarter, we've made some key updates to the software for students and counselors alike. Let's take a look!
College Search Beta
Other Updates to CollegePlannerPro
- Inactive students may be included or hidden from your view depending on your preference
- Admission decision report now includes students with a pending admissions status
- Emailed invoice history is easily noted with an icon
- The full email history of a note can be accessed with a single click
New Student Version live by default
Fully mobile-responsive with a fresh look and feel, the new student version makes college research and task management easy, at home or on-the-go.
Last quarter, the new student version became the default version appearing when students log into their CustomCollegePlan accounts. The legacy version of CustomCollegePlan remains accessible and is just a click away if needed or preferred.
The new student version includes some features that are exclusive to CustomCollegePlan 2.0, such as:
- Responsive mobile/tablet view
- Search for colleges by name, from any page
- Student ability to add their own To-Dos
- The student Message Board
- Drag-and-drop To-Do management
Throughout the quarter, we continued to make enhancements to the new student version. We made many aesthetic improvements so that the new student version is fun and easy to use.
- The student graduation year and high school name were replaced by a welcome greeting on the Dashboard banner
- The Conversation thread now reads top-to-bottom, better conforming to modern chat design standards
- Greater background contrast avoids a "whitewashed" feel
- Increased and darkened fonts, most notably in the side navigation and on college profile pages, create a more effortless reading experience
- Reorganized college profile information puts vital admissions stats towards the top of the page
- Redesigned side navigation bar
- Login page logo resizing
Since making design upgrades in late April, 85%+ of students gave the new student experience 5 out of 5 stars.
Other Updates to the New Student Version
- Students can add alerts for their own To-Dos
- Students can include parents on student-created To-Do reminders
- Application Outline enhancements
- Target deadlines list added to Colleges tab
- View/restore removed colleges from My List
- New application decision/status icons on My List
- City/state shown when searching for colleges
- Standardized "consultant"/"counselor"/"coach" terminology