Note To International Users
Information That CollegePlannerPro Collects
Information you voluntarily provide to us
Information you enter on the platform
When you add information on the platform we have and may access the data in your account in order to provide you with customer support. This information includes parent and student information, notes, emails, and any other information you may save within your account. We understand that the data you send to us is confidential and treat it as such. Access is restricted to certain CollegePlannerPro staff members to provide support and develop our Services.
Information we collect automatically
Information from your use of the Service
We may receive information about how and when you use the Services, store it in log files or other types of files associated with your account, and link it to other information we collect about you. This information may include, for example, your IP address, time, date, browser used, and actions you have taken within the application. This type of information helps us to improve our Services and provide you with customer support.
Cookies and tracking
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
You may elect to remove or block cookies within your web browser, however this may affect your ability to use all features of the System and services of our third-party partners.
We use web beacons on our Website and in our emails. When we send emails to Members, we may track behavior such as who opened the emails and who clicked the links. This allows us to measure the performance of our email campaigns and to improve our features for specific segments of Members. To do this, we include single pixel gifs, also called web beacons, in emails we send. Web beacons allow us to collect information about when you open the email, your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details. We also include Web Beacons in the Broadcast and Invoice emails we deliver for you. We use the data from those Web Beacons to create reports about how your email campaign performed and what actions your recipients took.
How CollegePlannerPro Uses Information
We may use and disclose Personal Information only for the following purposes:
- To improve our Services. We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous end-user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of CollegePlannerPro.com or the Services and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and Services by storing, tracking, and analyzing our users’ preferences and trends.
- To promote use of our Services to you and others. For example, if we collect your Personal Information when you visit our Website and do not sign up for our Services, we may send you an email inviting you to sign up. If you use any of our Services and we think you might benefit from using another Service we offer, we may send you an email about that. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email we send. In addition, we may use information we collect in order to advertise our Services to you.
- To send you informational and promotional content in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
- To bill and collect money owed to us by our Members. This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, and alerting you if we need a different credit card number. We use Braintree Payments for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your subscription and credit card payments.
- To communicate with our Members about their account and provide customer support.
- To protect the rights and safety of our Members and third parties, as well as our own.
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To provide suggestions to you. This includes using tracking technology to identify features within the Service you are not utilizing and educating you on the benefits of the underutilized feature.
Parent and Student Data Collected By Our Members
As you use our Services, you may import into our system Personal Information you have collected from Parents, Students, or other individuals. We have no direct relationship with your Parents, Students, or any person other than you, and for that reason, you are responsible for making sure you have the appropriate permission for you to collect and for us to process information about those individuals. Consistent with the uses of Personal Information covered above, we may transfer Personal Information of you or your Students to integrated third-party Service Providers such as AchieveWorks or Prompt (“Service Providers”), should you choose to utilize their Services. All Service Providers enter into a contract with us that protects Personal Information and restricts their use of any Personal Information consistent with this policy.
If you are a Parent or Student and no longer want to be contacted by one of our Members, please unsubscribe directly from that Member’s newsletter or contact the Member directly to update or delete your data.
We will retain Personal Information we process on behalf of our Members for as long as needed to provide our Services or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our agreements.
Public Information and Third-Party Websites
- Social media platforms. We maintain presences on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
- We have a public blog on our Website. Any information you include in a comment on our blog may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we are unable to remove your information, we will tell you why.
We may disclose Personal Information to the following types of third parties for the purposes described in this policy:
- Service Providers. Sometimes, we share your information with our third-party Service Providers, who help us provide and support our Services. For example, if it is necessary to provide you something you have requested (like enable Prompt for one of your students), then we may share your and/or your Student’s Personal Information with Prompt for that purpose. The Personal Information shared with our third-party Service Providers is limited to essential information that is required to deliver their Service. Just like with the other third parties we work with, these third-party Service Providers enter into a contract that requires them to use your Personal Information only for the provision of services to us and in a manner that is consistent with this policy. Other examples of Service Providers include payment processors, hosting services and content delivery services.
Notice of Breach of Security
If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you or your Students and Parents, then CollegePlannerPro will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Safeguarding Your Information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information.
CollegePlannerPro accounts require a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. Because the information in your account is so sensitive, account passwords are encrypted, which means we cannot see your passwords. We cannot resend forgotten passwords either. We will only reset them.
Our credit card processing vendor uses security measures to protect your information both during the transaction and after it is complete. Our vendor is certified as compliant with card association security initiatives, including the Visa Cardholder Information Security and Compliance (CISP), MasterCard® (SDP), and Discovery Information Security and Compliance (DISC). We also perform annual SOC II audits. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Information, you may contact us at email@example.com
As a system of record for its Members, CollegePlannerPro retains the data at the sole discretion of Members, and for as long as they have active subscriptions with CollegePlannerPro. After termination of a subscription, CollegePlannerPro will retain Member data for a limited time period for the convenience of Members, in the event they decide to resume services with CollegePlannerPro. At the end of the data retention period, we securely delete and destroy personal information from Members. Members may request the immediate deletion of data by contacting CollegePlannerPro at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access, Correct, Amend, or Delete
We will give an individual access to any Personal Information we hold about them within 30 days of any request for that information. Individuals may request to access, correct, amend, or delete information we hold about them by contacting CollegePlannerPro at info@CollegePlannerPro.com . Unless it is prohibited by law, we will remove any Personal Information about an individual, either you or a Parent, Student, or Contact, from our servers at your or their request.
In most cases, Members are able to correct and amend their Personal Information by making the changes within their accounts. These changes can be made in the My Profile & Billing Info page.
The CollegePlannerPro.com website and the Services offerings are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and CollegePlannerPro does not knowingly collect personal information directly from children under the age of 13. This includes browsing the CollegePlannerPro website, creating accounts or using the Services. If CollegePlannerPro learns that it has received any personal information from an individual using our Services or a visitor to CollegePlannerPro.com who is under the age of 13, then CollegePlannerPro will take appropriate action to delete that information.