Note To International Users
Information That CollegePlannerPro Collects
Information you voluntarily provide to us
Information you enter on the platform
When you add information on the Portal, we have and may access the data in your account in order to provide you with customer support. We understand that the data you send to us is confidential and treat it as such. Access is restricted to certain CollegePlannerPro staff members to provide support and develop our Services.
Information we collect automatically
Cookies and tracking
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
You may elect to remove or block cookies within your web browser, however this may affect your ability to use all features of the Portal and services of our third-party partners.
How CollegePlannerPro Uses Information
We may use and disclose Personal Information only for the following purposes:
- To improve our Services We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous end-user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Portal and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing our users’ preferences and trends.
- To communicate with our users about their account and provide customer support.
- To protect the rights and safety of our users and third parties, as well as our own.
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To provide suggestions to you This includes using tracking technology to identify features you are not utilizing and educating you on the benefits of the underutilized feature.
We may disclose Personal Information to the following types of third parties for the purposes described in this policy:
- Service Providers Sometimes, we share your information with our third-party Service Providers if your counselor has opted to use a third-party add-on service. The Personal Information shared with our third-party Service Providers is limited to essential information that is required to deliver their Service. Just like with the other third parties we work with, these third-party Service Providers enter into a contract that requires them to use your Personal Information only for the provision of services to us and in a manner that is consistent with this policy.
Notice of Breach of Security
If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you, then CollegePlannerPro will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Safeguarding Your Information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information.
The Portal requires a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. Because the information in your account is so sensitive, account passwords are encrypted, which means we cannot see your passwords. We cannot resend forgotten passwords either. We will only reset them.
Access, Correct, Amend, or Delete
We will give you access to any Personal Information we hold about you within 30 days of any request for that information. To correct, amend, or delete information about you, please first contact your counselor who can help you correct, amend, or delete information. If you are unable to get your information corrected, amended, or deleted through your counselor, you may do so by contacting CollegePlannerPro at firstname.lastname@example.org. Unless it is prohibited by law, we will remove any Personal Information about an individual from our servers at your request.
The Portal is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and CollegePlannerPro does not knowingly collect personal information directly from children under the age of 13. If CollegePlannerPro learns that it has received any personal information from an individual who is under the age of 13, then CollegePlannerPro will take appropriate action to delete that information.